Agriculture Safety Trailer
Check out a new program with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture to provide funds to farmers. The Grain Storage Facility Safety Cost-Share helps Minnesota farmers buy, ship, and install eligible safety equipment for on-farm grain bins or silos.
Click this link for more information on funds: Grain Bin Safety Cost Share Program
The Agriculture Safety Trailer is available for business, organizations, farms, and individuals to bring an ag safety curriculum or day as a training for their employees, students, or as a part of an event they are hosting.
Current programs for the Agriculture Safety Trailer include:
- Grain Bin Safety - This illustrates the strength that is needed to pull a person out of a grain bin once they've been entrapped
- Gravity Wagon Grain Flow - This demonstrates how easy it is for a person to get pulled under grain when emptying a gravity flow wagon
- Auger Safety - This simulates how articles of clothing can be caught on an auger and get pulled into it
- Agriculture Chemical Safety - This shows the importance of labeling chemicals and how a chemical may look like everyday non-chemical items. It also stresses the importance of using personal protective equipment (PPE) when there is exposure to chemicals.
- Pinch Points - This is an exhibit with pulleys and sprockets showing various pinch points when using these items
If you are simply looking for printed or digital resources related to ag safety, below are a variety of resources:
- Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center - fact sheets, posters, videos
- Progressive Agriculture - child and family activity sheets
- Ag Health and Safety Alliance - ag health and safety posters
- Great Plains Center for Agricultural Health - ag health and safety posters