Farm Business Management
Farm Business Management education has been part of the Agriculture Education program in Minnesota since 1952, and now serves over 5,000 farm families annually in Minnesota.
Farm Business Management is designed to assist current farm owners and managers to achieve their farm business and family goals. There is also an AgSpark Farm Business Management Certificate designed for our Veterans in Agriculture program.
To deliver management education for decision making that achieves an individual's business goals.
To provide educational opportunities for students to be successsful in a competitive agricultural environment.
- Improved quality of life in rural communities
- Achievement of student goals
- Awareness of the global importance of agriculture
- Integrity in student interaction
- Timely and student focused programming
The program is course/credit based, and a student enrolls in coursework based on a needs assessment they complete with their instructor. This education is highly individualized in order to meet the needs of the farmer. Each instructor works with their student on their farm needs such as succession planning, business expansion, tax preparation or loan applications.
Farm Business Management is offered at 7 Minnesota State Colleges throughout Minnesota and includes 68 instructors. These colleges include:
- Alexandria Technical and Community College
- Central Lakes College
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Northland Community and Technical College
- Riverland Community College
- South Central College
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College
Our faculty have a wide range of experience and years in the agriculture industry. Many of our instructors have received awards and recognition as an instructor or for the Farm Business Management program.
Farm Business Management Student Worksheet FBM Southern MN 4pg Student Worksheet.pdf217.88 KB